How to Highlight in PDF Easily - Simple Steps
Learn how to highlight and merge PDF files
Mac, iOS, and Android devices. Discover how to get around restrictions when highlighting protected PDFs and the
many options this tool provides for effective document markup and merging on a variety of platforms.
How to Highlight in PDF?
In today's digital age, PDF highlighters are necessary. The majority of people
have seen PDF files at some point in their document-related lives. PDF, which stands for Portable Document Format,
is a file format that allows for the storage of text, graphics, and other elements as part of a unified document.
On the other hand, in contrast to Word documents, PDFs do not offer clear opportunities
to make modifications that will improve the readability of your work. They help us remember names, essential phrases,
and concepts, so they've become an integral part of our study routine. Since yellow is an energetic and memorable color
that remains with you for a long time, it is commonly used to highlight the main idea of a document in PDF format.
Is there a new way to highlight in PDFs?
Reading the article below will help you understand the material and how to highlight
it in pdf.
How to highlight in PDF - Using Windows to Highlight PDFs
The use of portable document format (PDF) files to transmit vital information has
grown in recent years. With Windows, you can highlight PDFs with ease thanks to the many options available in various
apps. With this tool, a fantastic Windows program, you can easily highlight PDF files. An outstanding PDF annotator
with a plethora of useful features—the list goes on—including the ability to edit, convert, and OCR PDFs, as well
as use annotation tools.
Shapes, text boxes, stamps, signatures, sticky notes, highlighting tools, stamp sets,
and more are all part of this tool's annotation toolset. Additionally, you have the option to highlight crucial passages
and remove any unnecessary material by utilizing the strikeout text. To use this tool to highlight PDFs, follow these
- Start by getting the tool from the link below. Start up this tool on your mobile device. Then, to import the PDF file, click the "Open File" button.
- You have the option of clicking on the "Comment" button located on the left side of the screen, which will then display a number of PDF annotation tools on the top.
- To highlight the text that you wish to highlight, you must first pick the "Highlight" tool, then select a color, and last drag the tool over the text. Your words will be highlighted for you as soon as you remove the cursor from the screen.
Utilizing this tool to highlight PDFs provides you with a color pallet from which
to select, which is the most advantageous aspect of this method. You can quickly modify the color of the highlight
in PDF document to suit your needs.
Adding Notes to the Highlights is the second step
You are able to add notes to the PDF text that has been highlighted using this
tool. This is the way that you can accomplish it. Click the "Note" option from the context menu after
right-clicking the text that is highlighted. You will then be able to enter the notes into the Sticky Note
window that has appeared. In addition, you have the option of selecting any other color from the list of options
located at the bottom of the note. By right-clicking, highlight the sections.
How to highlight in pdf on a Mac?
This tool is also available to all Mac users, and it has quickly become a tool
that a lot of people find to be useful. The one-of-a-kind highlighting feature comes with a palette of colors
from which you can select any color that corresponds to your preferences. Those pupils who want the work to
have a handwritten appearance will find that a pencil tool is really helpful. In addition, shapes can be used
as a means of drawing attention to a significant portion of information. The challenge that emerges now is how
to highlight text in a PDF file by utilizing the tool programs. The steps that are listed below will assist
you in highlighting the PDF on your Mac:
- If you still need to install this tool, you can obtain it by clicking the button that is provided below.
- Download it for free on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. It is completely safe.
- Accessing the Comment Button is the first step.
- You can open the PDF file by launching this tool highlighter on your Mac.
- By clicking on the "Comment" button located at the top of the page, you will be presented with a variety of options for annotating PDFs.
What is the second step in highlighting a PDF?
When you wish to highlight a certain text, select the "Highlight" tool and then drag the tool over the text. Your words will be highlighted for you as soon as you remove the cursor from the screen.
How to highlight in PDF files on iOS
Using this tool for iOS, you are able to enhance your PDF document on
your iPhone or iPad by highlighting, underlining, striking through, and drawing whatever shapes
- The first thing you need to do is import your PDF file into THIS TOOL. In order to import a PDF file, you can pick it up by clicking the "+" button located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- The second step is to tap the PDF file to open it after you have imported it.
- After navigating to the top right corner of the screen, you will notice a "Comment" tool that looks like a pencil. Should you choose to click on it, you will discover that the bottom of the screen contains a variety of tools of varying types. Pick the "Markup" tool from the menu bar at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, you will have the opportunity to select the "Highlight" option, which is represented by an H icon, and to choose the color of the highlight. Through the use of your iOS devices, you may now choose and highlight the text that is contained within the PDF.
How to highlight in PDF files on an Android Device
This tool is also compatible with the Android version, and you may
highlight PDFs on this tool for Android by using either the highlight tool or the pencil tool,
depending on your preference.
- Initial step: Import your PDF file into the THIS TOOL for Android application.
- Secondly, once you have opened the PDF file, you will notice that the "Markup" icon is located on the top toolbar.
- The third step is to select the highlight tool, choose the color of the highlight, and then start the process of highlighting your PDF using Android.
An additional option for highlighting your PDF file is to make use of the
pencil tool, and there are a variety of pencils available for your selection. You have complete freedom to
draw on your PDF file. When highlighting PDF documents, some individuals prefer to use online tools.
If you wish to complete the task online, you need to select a PDF highlighter that is available online.
You may highlight PDFs online by following the general directions, which are available on the internet.
There are numerous online programs, and the majority of the processes are the same.
- Upload your PDF to the online tool as the first step.
- First, you need to search on Google to find a reliable online PDF tool. Utilizing the keyword "highlight PDF online free" is one way to search.
- Following the selection of the tool that you will use, you will be able to upload your PDF file to the tool's website by clicking the "Upload File" button.
Highlight Web-Based PDF Sources
You can now highlight the PDF file that you downloaded.
You will need to locate the highlight tool and choose a color. Find the text that you want to highlight.
Download the PDF to proceed. As soon as you have finished highlighting, you should immediately download
the PDF file to your desktop.
Why am I unable to highlight my PDF content?
The function that is referred to as "Comment Restrictions" is accountable
for one of the most important elements that prevent users from highlighting text in PDF documents.
When this type of protection is applied to PDF files, the Highlight Tool either completely stops functioning
becomes unusable and greyed out. Both of these outcomes are possible.
For this reason, in order to enable highlighting in a PDF document,
it is necessary to erase the password that is used for commenting on the page. Following the removal
of the protection from the PDF file, users will have the ability to choose and highlight protected PDF
documents with ease.
If I have a locked PDF, how do I highlight it?
If you are the owner of the PDF document or if you have access to the
password, highlighting is a straightforward process. You may come across one of two circumstances
when working with a PDF that is secured by a password.
When you are aware of the passwords, enter them or not?
Entering the password for the document
is all that is required to get started with the highlighting process in a PDF file. When you have
finished entering the password, your modifications will be saved.
If you want to highlight a PDF that is not yours and for which you do not have the password,
you must first seek permission from the owner of the PDF. The owner of the document can accomplish
this by modifying the security settings of the document. In this section, you will be required to
enter the password for the document in order to open it and start highlighting it.
Additionally, there is the chance that you are not authorized to request
the password from the owner of the PDF and that you need to know the password. In the event that a
password protects a PDF, it will be difficult to highlight certain passages until the password is
removed. There are a few different methods, but the most straightforward one is to use a PDF password
remover. It is necessary first to erase
the password that is safeguarding the PDF in order to highlight the text that is included within it.
As you have progressed through the information, you may have
realized that this post is diverse in every sense. This is due to the fact that we have discussed the
best highlighter that is accessible for usage on Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS. As a result of its
large range of possibilities and its ease of capturing, this tool is the format of choice all around